New Year, New Energy


"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says, I'm possible!" -Audrey Hepburn
Hapi New Year!
I went through a few names and catchy titles changes, they all lead to keeping it simple. Maia Bey is the result of years of creative juggling. Modern African Inspired Arts. As a cultural artist I fuse and mix styles and genres in all of my creative work, with a foundation in Africa. I am ready to share a little more of who I am, as an artist in 2012.


Meet me at the finish line, on the dance floor, in my Zumba class, on my Etsy store, or here on my blog space.You can walk along with me as I invest in a weight loss and fitness journey. You can have a front-row seat as I begin to share my movement world. There will be more Sauda Science bubbling with a bit of Zumba Fitness. https://www.zumba.com/en-US/profiles/359998/sauda-jackson/ 
There will be more events; dance, arts, music and more! Keep your eyes open for 'Dances of the Gods', a series of movement, music and history workshops. We will host guest artists from around the country to come and share their talents with the Atlanta community. Seizing the opportunity to share the untapped, unusual, and non-traditional cultural arts, the Guerrilla Dance Project will continue to show up and show out.

Oya at Sistahs 4 Assata

  I am exploring new materials and styles this year. I want to introduce some of my old ideas with a new twist. You will see more neckpieces and bracelets. I will explore a variety metals and manipulating metal with leather combinations, and experimenting with more recyclable materials. The debut of maiabey Bahteekz in the Spring, promises to put a different spin on urban fashion. Check here for the latest updates and where we  are showing. And here: http://ow.ly/46Ftb

               









2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sauda this is so YOU. I am so happy to see you here, out and IN as you wanna be! I SEE you, and it is high time.

    YES!!! NOW, Sauda...NOW you are FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give thanks Akilah! 2012 motto is: "Daily, it's live now or never!"

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts??

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Sauda Jackson is a mom, dancer, singer, musician, lover of all things funky and off-beat,guerrilla dance stylist, arm-chair anthropologist and Supa Hera