My Confederate Encounter in Inman Park

 I know it sounds strange but, about a week ago while playing in the park with Meems I  had an encounter with a spirit from yesteryear. Weirder things have happened, although not when I am awake. I have heard many stories about witches' covens, devil worshipers and such in Little Five Points. L5 history supports the fact there was a  prominent Wiccan church there.



I do know for a fact, that there is a high energy vortex in the area. Years ago, I made a conscious decision not to walk through Little Five to the Inman Park MARTA station, because usually by the time I get to Austin Avenue, at the 5 points light; I am feeling especially angry. No reason, just mad and irritated. There is a heavy spiritual energy between the retail area and the train station.

Enisha with the magic wand in DANCE CHURCH.

My other proof; I also teach classes in the walking park just beyond that light; some pretty amazing phenomenon have taken place there. It is an incredibly beautiful place to dance and drum and connect with nature. I'd like to believe we created a  spiritual space there with the drums, incense and sage.  Dance Church register now!





Okay, so on with my encounter. It was a fairly warm day. I was lying on the wall near the playground, while the kid played. I closed my eyes and drifted in and out of a couple of  'nature naps'. I had a waking dream, or so I thought, where I saw a Confederate soldier standing out in the field nearby. I dismissed it and turned my head to see what the kid was doing. I then began to hear a voice, not really clear what was being said but I was sure it wasn't a passerby. The voice was right next to me, along with it came a cold breeze. A breeze much like sitting in front of an air conditioner. Yeah real as hell. I sat up and still could hear the voice. It felt like a familiar energy. Only this time it had a very audible Southern twang. I didn't speak or ask any questions. I was thinking, what would I ask anyway? What's your name, what are you doing here, and why are you talking to me? I am pretty sure it wasn't my imagination. In fact, the next week I was there again and I only felt the breeze brush my face a couple of times. Then it went away.


  So of course after that I went about trying to find out about the Civil War activity in the area. Some of the bloodiest fighting took place in the area that now has beautiful homes and streets. It used to be rolling hills of grass, trees and Georgia clay with a mix of fear, blood and sweat.  
So it's not unlikely that many folks have had similar experiences as there are many souls stirring around there, Union and Confederate waiting to communicate with us all. So next time you are in or around Inman Park check the vibes.
Take the time  to see this weekend: inmanparkfestival.org/ 






T







0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts??

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Sauda Jackson is a mom, dancer, singer, musician, lover of all things funky and off-beat,guerrilla dance stylist, arm-chair anthropologist and Supa Hera