Progress....


2011
2012
 
Okay so I decided that since I've lost weight  from just walking and dancing(like sleeping for me) in 2 months, that I could do more to firm up. So 2 weeks after my bearthday I decided to try INSANITY....again! Well, life got in the way of my Insanity plans but not to be deterred, I begin on November 1st!

Since the first of day of school, August 13th; I have been on a steady pace of good food, plenty exercise, rest and creative stimulation...down 17 lbs in that time(20 now, you can cheer right here). I have a ways to go on my goal. Plus, I have a wish list, so if anybody has a hookup on sneakers and a used car for the low. Let a sistah know!

It has been a struggle, no sweets (I am a sweet freak!), bread or dairy allowed in my food intake. I don't believe in total extremes or denying myself ANYTHING! But, I realized that I had lost sight of how to live a balanced and healthy life. I was focused on work and access, in excess! I know this body, after having been a vegetarian for nearly 20 years, my system needed a break. I tried all my old methods and none worked, as I would go right back to eating with the same excessive energy. No bueno!  

Stone Mountain


 

 

I needed an extreme, Stone Mountain trail walking! The first day I went up the mountain and around it. That was no easy task. That was the most challenging mile and a half of my life, Then the 5+ miles around was no 'cakewalk'(pun intended) either. I have been going nonstop  everyday since. Either on the mountain or on the street, I have to get it in! I hope to run soon, but for now I will keep to my walks and challenge myself to this INSANE-ITY workout.
In addition to walking almost everyday and teaching ZUMBA 2 days a week(for now) and dancing 2 days a week, and teaching a new Sauda Science class in November too! By springtime I will increase my taking dance classes to 3-4 a week and I hope to have up to 10 ZUMBA classes! That will depend on help from you, too! So spread the good word with your church, sister group, book club, walking club, office and whoever else wants a fun alternative workout.


At this steady pace I am ready to share my video log with others. Before I was waaay too afraid of exposing myself, but now I think someone may gain from it. I will also include brief dance workouts to help those along that want to see what I do. Besides the results I keep seeing from Insanity are well, insane! One of my friends, a professor in Japan, is going full force with Insanity his results are amazing. Along with a clean diet and this type of exercise, we are recreating our lifeline. I am hearing everyday how someone in my age range and younger has suffered from some type of disease. I am not going to allow any statistic to capture me!
 
So here is a short clip of my first day before and after Insanity....

Oh yeah plus, I got an email from Beachbody last week, the company that produces and distributes the Insanity workout , for a free bottle of vitamins that assist with boosting the metabolism. All I had to pay was shipping! Hey what's $5 to move in the direction of optimum health, right?

Get yours here:











  


 



 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts??

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Sauda Jackson is a mom, dancer, singer, musician, lover of all things funky and off-beat,guerrilla dance stylist, arm-chair anthropologist and Supa Hera